Technical Operations Team LeaderAPPLY
- Whiteley, Hampshire
- Monday – Friday, 8:30am – 5:30pm
Are you looking for an exciting opportunity to work in a great environment with excellent training and development prospects? Why not join Onecom, the UK’s leading Telecommunications Company.
What’s on offer?
A competitive salary, as well as a generous benefits package, of which includes:
- 20 days holiday increasing to 25 days, plus bank holidays
- Day off for your birthday
- Free fruit in the office
- Up to 12 paid hours a year ‘My Time’
- Vodafone Employee Advantage discount
- Subsidised Fitbit
- Discount on Samsung products (up to 60%)
- Discounted gym membership
- Trade price stock for staff members for all the latest gadgets
- Annual events including the Christmas Party
- Quarterly employee reward programme
- Length of service awards
- Employee of the year and Employee’s employee of the year
- Personal and professional development of staff members
- Enhanced Maternity pay (based on length of service)
- Pension scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Eye-care vouchers
The Technical Operations Team Leader is responsible for providing and supporting other team members in providing a high level of technical support across the Company, both to internal staff and to external customers.
The Technical Operations Team Leader has an innovative approach in problem solving whilst delivering high levels of customer service at all times.
This is an ideal position for someone looking to further their career within a vibrant office environment in the heart of the Solent Business Park and just moments’ walk from the new Whiteley shopping centre.
- Day-to-day running of the Service Desk team including 1st, 2nd and 3rd Line engineers
- Proactive management of the service boards to ensure workflow is prioritised and in line with customer SLA’s
- Act as point of escalation for all incidents
- SLA monitoring, ensure the correct SLA’s are being used for the type of service and use of the service boards to ensure workflow is prioritised and in line with customer SLA’s
- Management of hardware configuration and installations for customers (where required)
- Management and scheduling of onsite engineer visits (where required)
- Continually review and improve the process and procedures of the team to enhance the operational efficiency of the team to enhance the customer experience
- Ability to manage, troubleshoot and provide resolution of service incidents across IT and WAN products and services, including but not limited to:
- Server configuration and support
- Network infrastructure configuration and support
- Desktop installation, configuration and support
- Software installation, configuration and support
- Fixed Line Connectivity
- Data Connectivity Solutions including ADSL, EFM, DIA and Leased Lines
- Use of remote management solutions to assist with resolving service incidents
- Travel installation or service incidents (where required)
- Deliver high levels of customer satisfaction
- Provide regular communication and support to customers via email, telephone and service tickets
- Communication with carriers and suppliers to raise and escalate customers’ support queries through to completion
- Ensure all customer information is tracked and kept up to date on the company system
- Communication and escalation with carriers and suppliers where required
- Support, co-ordinate and maintain relationships with internal teams where required
- Assist with the testing of applications and new technologies
- Assist with mentoring and training Support Engineers
- Monitoring systems for alerts
- Managing communication between customers and third parties
- Proactive updating and monitoring of existing IT systems ensuring they are maintained and kept up to date
- Involvement in technical projects for deployments/upgrades etc
The successful candidate
The successful candidate will possess the following key skills:
- Service Management background and experience
- Experience of managing staff within a service desk environment
- Experience of planning and allocating resources
- Experience of implementing Service Desk processes and procedures
- Experience of developing SLA’s
- Extensive technical knowledge and experience of Customer and Internal IT Environments
- Extensive technical understanding of Fixed Line and Data Connectivity Solutions
- Ability to provide advice to non-technical aware customers (either internally or externally)
- Experience of supporting customers to SLA’s
- Knowledge of web servers (IIS) (desirable)
- Experience of MySQL and MSSQL Databases (desirable)
- Knowledge of VoIP technologies (desirable)
- ITIL experience or qualification (desirable)
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills – verbal and written
- Outstanding attention to detail and accuracy
- Adaptability and initiative
- Ability to work to deadlines and prioritise workload
- A pro-active approach
- Commitment to further professional and personal development
- Enjoy sharing skill-based knowledge and networking
- Enthusiastic, analytical, creative, innovative and confident
- Reliable, flexible and cooperative
- Ability to liaise with customers in an empathic and technically effective manner
- Ability to work as part of a team and contribute to the overall success of both the Service Desk and organisational objectives
- Understands how own role contributes to business objectives and internal and external customer satisfaction
- Delivers against expectations on or ahead of time
- Tackles potential problems on own initiative
- Communicates in an open, candid, complete and consistent manner
- Is comfortable with adaptation and embraces change in order to deal with frequent changes to process, roles and tasks
Onecom is the UK's Largest Independent Business Telecommunications provider, offering Fixed-Line, Mobile, IT & Broadband solutions to over 300,000 connections.
It is one of the UK's fastest growing technology companies and has been awarded Vodafone Platinum Partner of 2011-2014 and the Total Communications Partner for 2015-2018.
Successful applicants should note that their employment will be subject to a basic disclosure check and satisfactory references.
Due to the high volume of applications, we are unable to notify unsuccessful applicants. If you have not been notified of the outcome of your application within four weeks of applying, please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
What’s on offer?
Learn more, earn more with a programme of training and development designed to help you progress.
Pay it back with chances to raise money for good causes, whilst having fun into the bargain.
Enjoy extra time off, discounted tech’, up to 60% of Samsung products and the biggest Christmas party in the world!