Software Project ManagerAPPLY
- £35,000 - £40,000
- Whiteley, Hampshire
- Monday - Friday, 8:30am - 5:30pm
Are you an experienced Software Project Manager with a passion for technology? Why not join Onecom’s growing Business Change team; a great opportunity to work for an award-winning employer with excellent continuous development opportunities.
The Software Project Manager is responsible for the successful delivery and co-ordination of the software projects and management of their inter-dependencies, including oversight of any risks and issues arising.
The Software Project Manager is also responsible for co-ordinating effective change and enabling the business to realise projected benefits within any specified project.
- Work with business and stakeholders to define product objectives and requirements.
- Planning and designing the project and proactively monitoring its progress, resolving issues and initiating appropriate corrective action.
- Develop, maintain, and distribute standard project management deliverables for the successful launch of new business projects that relate to software or business, focus on business process change or efficiency drivers including (but not limited to):
- implementation plan,
- project schedule,
- resource & capacity planning,
- project budget, and variances,
- issues & action items log,
- meeting minutes,
- risks assessment and contingencies.
- Managing third party contributions to the project.
- Managing the projects budget on behalf of Onecom, monitoring expenditure and costs against delivered and realised benefits as the programme progresses.
- Managing both the dependencies and the interfaces between software projects.
- Managing risks to the software project’s successful outcome.
- Manage each release through the launch process.
- Reporting the progress of the software project at regular intervals to the Head of Business Change and project team.
The successful candidate
The successful candidate will possess the following key skills:
- Effective project leadership, interpersonal and communication skills (essential)
- A project management qualification to practitioner level - or equivalent certification
- The ability to command respect and to create a sense of community amongst immediate peers and members of the wider project team and stakeholders
- Puts in a sustained effort to get things right; stays focused on the end result
- Sound business case development and approvals skills
- Delivers against expectations on or ahead of time
- The ability to find ways of solving or pre-empting problems
- Be adaptable to manage individual projects or ‘mini-projects’ as the business requires
- Understands and can demonstrate the impact and influence of specific projects
- Handle and manage issues and provide successful conflict resolution
- Tackles potential problems with own initiative
- Communicates in an open, candid, complete and consistent manner
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills – verbal and written
- Strong system skills
What’s on offer?
A competitive salary, as well as a generous benefits package, of which includes:
- 20 days holiday increasing to 25 days, plus bank holidays + day off for birthday
- Up to 12 paid hours a year ‘My Time’
- Discount for all staff on tech and all the latest gadgets
- Discounted Gym membership and subsidised Fitbit
- Annual events including the Christmas Party
- Quarterly employee reward programme and employee of the year awards
- Enhanced Maternity pay (based on length of service)
- Cycle to work scheme & eye-care vouchers
Onecom is the UK's Leading and Largest Independent Business Telecoms provider, offering Fixed-Line, Mobile, IT & Broadband solutions to businesses nationwide. It is one of the UK's fastest growing technology companies and invests heavily in employee development.
What’s on offer?
Learn more, earn more with a programme of training and development designed to help you progress.
Pay it back with chances to raise money for good causes, whilst having fun into the bargain.
Enjoy extra time off, discounted tech’, up to 60% of Samsung products and the biggest Christmas party in the world!