Software Product OwnerAPPLY
- Monday – Friday, 8:30am – 5:30pm
Are you looking for an exciting opportunity to work in a great environment with excellent training and development prospects? Why not join Onecom, the UK’s leading Telecommunications Company.
What’s on offer?
A competitive salary, full training in our academy, as well as a generous benefits package, of which includes:
- 20 days holiday increasing to 25 days, plus bank holidays
- Day off for your birthday
- Up to 12 paid hours a year 'My Time'
- Free fruit in the office
- Vodafone Employee Advantage discount
- Discount on Samsung products (up to 60%)
- Discounted gym membership
- Trade price stock for staff members for all the latest gadgets
- Annual events including the Christmas Party
- Quarterly employee reward programme
- Length of service awards
- Employee of the year and Employee’s employee of the year
- Personal and professional development of staff members
- Enhanced Maternity pay (based on length of service)
- Pension scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Childcare vouchers
- Eye-care vouchers
The Software Product Owner (SPO) will work as part of the team dedicated to ensuring that Onecom is maximising efficiency and capitalising on the full features and benefits of the company’s critical business systems (“the product”).
The Software Product Owner is the key product stakeholder and will play a critical role in developing and maintaining the vision for the product. The SPO is responsible for communicating the vision to the Development team, giving final sign off on all new requirements to the live production environment. The SPO will interface directly with internal stakeholders to understand their needs in order to continuously develop the product. They will be responsible for ensuring the maintenance of the company’s SaaS, including Salesforce.com (SFDC), Sage X3, and other software, providing regular recommendations to the Programme Manager and the Development team for best practice, including optimisation.
The SPO will be the key decision maker on priorities, conflict resolution of code and works, ensuring that all stakeholders are aligned at each stage of the product development lifecycle.
Own the Software
• Defining the roadmap for desired changes and improvements to the software
• Agree business requirements and translate these into user stories for the Development team to implement
• Work with project managers and technical leads to determine scope and priorities for product development cycles
• Compose appropriately detailed product specifications for feature requests and successfully hand these over to the Development team, to be clearly understood for implementation
Own Software Changes
• Proactively seek out and identify best practices to ensure smooth operation and business continuity
• Assist with the change control process and “Change Management” Committee if appropriate
• Manage all processes that impact / relate to SFDC and other software the SPO is responsible for
• Manage and sign off new releases of SFDC and other software
• Oversee and maintain fields, views, reports, dashboards, campaigns and other SFDC objects and functions – providing recommendations for best practice
• Create custom objects when necessary
• Oversee and manage on-going customization/ alteration of SFDC
• Owning the enhancement of workflows, functions and configurations within the SFDC environment
• Provide support functions if needed, assisting developers with diagnosis and resolution
• Liaise closely with the BA on all change requests (CR) to ensure the criteria for each CR is correct and will not conflict with other areas of the system, signing off changes
• Sign off changesets created by the Development team before upload to the production environment
Maintain System, Security and Integrity
• Maintain system security and integrity including (but not limited to) sharing rules and security levels; designing, creating and maintaining profiles and hierarchies; and monitoring application storage usage and archive data as needed
User Assistance, Adoption and Satisfaction
• Expand use of the company’s software – attend planning meetings, assist with determining if /how it can be used in new ways as opposed to purchasing or developing new systems
• Communicate regularly with the user base regarding new product features, enhancements and changes
• Continually seek ways to further enhance the end-user experience
• Assist the Technical Trainer in all aspects and best use of the software, enabling them to design and deliver technology and system training across the company
• Be the company SME on its chosen software
The successful candidate
• Previous experience of working in Agile software development environment essential
• In-depth knowledge of the standard capabilities of SFDC
• Ideally SFDC certified, or working towards, and then maintaining Salesforce Administration certification with new releases
• Previous experience as a Software Product Owner will be advantageous
• Puts in a sustained effort to get things right; stays focused on the end result
• Delivers against expectations on or ahead of time
• Tackles potential problems with own initiative
• Communicates in an open, candid, complete and consistent manner
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills – verbal and written
• Adaptability and initiative
• Ability to work to deadlines and prioritise workload
• A pro-active approach • Strong system skills
• Ability to work independently, as well as part of a team
• Is interested in software and its application use for business
• Is patient, tactful, diplomatic and approachable
• Is able to remain calm in difficult situations
• Strong problem-solving skills
• Ability to engage and earn trust of various teams within the business
• Excellent technical skills
• Is comfortable with adaptation and embrace change in order to deal with frequent changes to process, roles and tasks
• Ability to engage all levels of Business Stakeholders and drive desirable outcomes
What’s on offer?
Learn more, earn more with a programme of training and development designed to help you progress.
Pay it back with chances to raise money for good causes, whilst having fun into the bargain.
Enjoy extra time off, discounted tech’, up to 60% of Samsung products and the biggest Christmas party in the world!