- £20,000 - £23,000 (dependent on skills and experience)
- Whiteley, Hampshire
- Monday - Friday, 8:30am - 5:00pm
Are you looking for an exciting opportunity to work in a great environment with excellent training and development prospects? Why not join Onecom, the UK’s leading Telecommunications Company.
What’s on offer?
A competitive salary, as well as a generous benefits package, of which includes:
- 20 days holiday increasing to 25 days, plus bank holidays
- Day off for your birthday
- Up to 12 paid hours a year 'My Time’
- Vodafone Employee Advantage discount
- Discount on Samsung products (up to 60%)
- Discounted gym membership
- Trade price stock for staff members for all the latest gadgets
- Annual events including the Christmas Party
- Quarterly employee reward programme
- Length of service awards
- Employee of the year and Employee’s employee of the year
- Personal and professional development of staff members
- Enhanced Maternity pay (based on length of service)
- Pension scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Childcare vouchers
- Eye-care vouchers
The HR Coordinator will assist with the day-to-day administration and operation of the human resources functions and duties, supporting the team in the implementation of the HR strategy and company-wide projects. Being at the heart of what makes an organisation tick, it will be crucial to ensure staff are well looked after and stay motivated and productive.
This is an ideal position for someone looking to further their HR career within a vibrant office environment in the heart of the Solent Business Park and just moments’ walk from the new Whiteley shopping centre.
The successful candidate
will possess the following:
- Experience within a HR role previously
- Relevant degree or equivalent qualification is essential
- A HR qualification would be advantageous, e.g. CIPD level 5 or 7
- Strong systems skills (ability to use the Microsoft packages is a must and exposure to a HRIS system would be beneficial)
- An enthusiastic approach towards work and a passion for HR
- Conscientious, adaptable and resilient
- Ability to engage with staff at all levels
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills - verbal and written
- Outstanding attention to detail and accuracy
- Commitment to further professional and personal development
- Strong team player and willingness to contribute to the overall success of both the HR and organisational objectives
- Confident gathering facts and statistics
- Respects the importance of confidentiality
- A pro-active approach
- Good sense of humour
- Ability to take on and achieve targets and project deadlines, gets work done reliably
- Work with the Head of HR to develop, maintain and update HR policies and procedures, with a focus on process evaluation and improvement at all times
- Maintaining employee files both on the HRIS and paper HR filing system
- Assist in the creation and development of job descriptions
- Assist in the development and evaluation of performance management processes
- Assist in the development and administration of L&D initiatives and training programmes for staff at all levels
- Issuing offers of employment and reference requests for new employees, and monitoring their return
- Entering new employees and leavers on the HR system, and managing the probationary period process
- Providing reports and analysis of statistics to the Head of HR and other department Heads where required
- Set up of return to work interviews
- Assist with absence monitoring and provide support to line managers in handling absence management
- Facilitate the induction of new staff and assist line managers in the development of more in depth induction processes
- Dealing with queries regarding holiday and other benefits
- Preparation for disciplinaries/grievances and capability hearings, including preparing the relevant documentation required, and participating in hearings as a HR representative
- Preparing payroll information
This role is office based, and located at our Head Office in Whiteley
Onecom is the UK's Largest Independent Business Telecommunications provider, offering Fixed-Line, Mobile, IT & Broadband solutions to over 300,000 Businesses. Onecom operates 12 offices across the UK and employs over 400 staff.
It is one of the UK's fastest growing technology companies and has been awarded Vodafone Platinum Partner of 2011, 2012, 2013 & 2014 and the Total Communications Partner for 2015, 2016 & 2017 - the highest accolade from the network.
Due to the high volume of applications, we are unable to notify unsuccessful applicants. If you have not been notified of the outcome of your application within four weeks of applying, please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
What’s on offer?
Learn more, earn more with a programme of training and development designed to help you progress.
Pay it back with chances to raise money for good causes, whilst having fun into the bargain.
Enjoy extra time off, discounted tech’, up to 60% of Samsung products and the biggest Christmas party in the world!