Finance Transactions AssistantAPPLY
- Monday – Friday, 8:30am – 5:30pm
Are you looking for an exciting opportunity to work in a great environment with excellent training and development prospects? Why not join Onecom, the UK’s leading Telecommunications Company.
What’s on offer?
A cOmpetitive salary, as well as a generous benefits package, of which includes:
- 20 days holiday increasing to 25 days, plus bank holidays
- Day off for your birthday
- Free fruit in the office
- Up to 12 paid hours a year ‘My Time’
- Vodafone Employee Advantage discount
- Subsidised Fitbit
- Discount on Samsung products (up to 60%)
- Discounted gym membership
- Trade price stock for staff members for all the latest gadgets
- Annual events including the Christmas Party
- Quarterly employee reward programme
- Length of service awards
- Employee of the year and Employee’s employee of the year
- Personal and professional development of staff members
- Enhanced Maternity/ Paternity pay (based on length of service)
- Pension scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Eye-care vouchers
The Finance Transactions Assistant is responsible for ensuring timely and accurate incentive payments to customers. The Finance Transactions Assistant is also responsible for the accurate postings of all receipts on a daily basis, ensuring that the Credit Control team are working with up to date ledgers.
Overall, the Finance Transactions Assistant ensures that the company’s bank accounts are reconciled on a daily basis, providing regular updates to the Purchase Ledger and Credit Control team enabling them to meet strict month end deadlines.
- Ensure accurate and timely postings of all receipts to the sales ledger including (but not limited to):
- Preparation and posting of cheques
- Posting of BACS receipts
- Reconciliation and journaling of credit card receipts
- Providing support to the Direct Debit Credit Controller
- Monitoring the Claims e-mail inbox, ensuring that customer incentive payments are correctly raised in line with the company’s predetermined guidelines and authority limits
- Ensuring that nominal ledger postings are correct and meet the Management Accounts team deadlines
- Processing of refunds and adjustments
- Assisting with the reconciliation of the company’s bank statements to ensure that strict monthly deadlines are complied with
- Liaise with colleagues to ensure all queries are dealt with in a timely manner
Providing support with direct debit and credit control e-mail queries as and when required
The successful candidate
- Understands how own role contributes to business objectives and internal/external customer satisfaction.
- Puts in a sustained effort to get things right; stays focused on the end result.
- Delivers against expectations on or ahead of time.
- Communicates in an open, candid, complete and consistent manner.
- Enjoys working with people.
- Is patient, tactful, diplomatic and approachable.
- Is able to remain calm in difficult situations.
- Is able to work as part of a team.
- Be comfortable with adaptation and embrace change in order to deal with frequent changes to process, roles and tasks.
- Has strong self-awareness and a keen understanding of how to present themselves and interact appropriately and professionally with other members of staff.
Onecom is the UK's Largest Independent Business Telecommunications provider, offering Fixed-Line, Mobile, IT & Broadband solutions to over 300,000 connections.
It is one of the UK's fastest growing technology companies and has been awarded Vodafone Platinum Partner of 2011-2014 and the Total Communications Partner for 2015-2018.
Successful applicants should note that their employment will be subject to a basic disclosure check and satisfactory references.
Due to the high volume of applications, we are unable to notify unsuccessful applicants. If you have not been notified of the outcome of your application within four weeks of applying, please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
What’s on offer?
Learn more, earn more with a programme of training and development designed to help you progress.
Pay it back with chances to raise money for good causes, whilst having fun into the bargain.
Enjoy extra time off, discounted tech’, up to 60% of Samsung products and the biggest Christmas party in the world!