- £5 per hour (apprentice rate)
- Whiteley, Hampshire
- Monday - Friday, 8:30am - 5pm
Duration of apprenticeship: 12 months training
Qualification gained: Level 3 Advanced Apprenticeship in Accounting
Onecom is recruiting for a Finance Apprentice to join our Whiteley Finance team with the potential to gain full time employment with the organisation.
The Finance Apprentice will work within the Finance Department for a period of 12 months, combining work experience, on and off the job training (including the completion of an AAT qualification).
The Finance Apprentice will begin working within the Ledger team and will also be encouraged to undertake job rotation across the wider Finance department to gain a broad range of experience.
- Support credit control process ensuring money is collected on a timely basis;
- Produce collection/chase letters and monthly customer statements;
- Administer copy invoice requests;
- Process credit card payments;
- Ensure correct and accurate information on customer accounts is maintained at all times;
- Support with processing of supplier invoices and credit notes;
- Reconcile supplier statements;
- Obtain purchase invoices from supplier online portals;
- Provide weekly expected payments report with corresponding progress notes;
- Attend weekly Ledger meetings to discuss payment progress and resolve any issues; and
- Assist with any ad hoc requests to support the Ledger Team.
Other possible responsibilities beyond the Ledger Finance team:
- Support base management and commission reconciliation processes;
- Assist in the reconciliation of Intercompany accounts and balances;
- Assist in the preparation of VAT returns; and
- Assist in month end reconciliations.
The successful candidate
will possess the following key skills:
- GCSE grades A-C or 9-4 in Maths and English (or equivalent) but not essential;
- Strong attention to detail with high level of accuracy;
- Able to listen and take direction, then run a process whilst looking for potential improvements;
- Good systems skills (ability to use the Microsoft packages);
- Adaptability and initiative
- Commitment to further professional and personal development
- Good communication and interpersonal skills are essential (both written and verbal)
- Takes on and achieves targets and project deadlines, gets work done reliably
- Puts in a sustained effort to get things right; stays focused on the end result
- Tackles potential problems with own initiative
- Enjoys working with people
- Is able to remain calm in difficult situations
- Is confident gathering facts and statistics
- Is able to work well as part of a team
- 20 days holiday increasing to 25 days, plus bank holidays
- Day off for your birthday
- Up to 12 paid hours a year 'My Time’
- Vodafone Employee Advantage discount
- Subsidised Fitbit
- Free fruit in the office
- Discount on Samsung products (up to 60%)
- Discounted gym membership
- Trade price stock for staff members for all the latest gadgets
- Annual events including the Christmas Party
- Quarterly employee reward programme
- Length of service awards
- Employee of the year and Employee’s employee of the year
- Personal and professional development of staff members
- Enhanced Maternity pay (based on length of service)
- Pension scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Eye-care vouchers
Onecom is the UK's Largest Independent Business Telecommunications provider, offering Fixed-Line, Mobile, IT & Broadband solutions to over 300,000 connections.
It is one of the UK's fastest growing technology companies and has been awarded Vodafone Platinum Partner of 2011 - 2014 and the Total Communications Partner for 2015 - 2018.
Successful applicants should note that their employment will be subject to a basic disclosure check and satisfactory references.
Due to the high volume of applications, we are unable to notify unsuccessful applicants. If you have not been notified of the outcome of your application within four weeks of applying, please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
What’s on offer?
Learn more, earn more with a programme of training and development designed to help you progress.
Pay it back with chances to raise money for good causes, whilst having fun into the bargain.
Enjoy extra time off, discounted tech’, up to 60% of Samsung products and the biggest Christmas party in the world!