- £16,000 per annum
- Whiteley, Hampshire
- Monday - Friday, 8:30am - 5:00pm
Are you looking for an exciting opportunity to work in a great environment with excellent training and development prospects? Why not join Onecom, the UK’s leading Telecommunications Company.
What’s on offer?
A competitive salary, as well as a generous benefits package, of which includes:
- 20 days holiday increasing to 25 days, plus bank holidays
- Day off for your birthday
- Free fruit in the office
- Up to 12 paid hours a year 'My Time’
- Vodafone Employee Advantage discount
- Discount on Samsung products (up to 60%)
- Discounted gym membership
- Trade price stock for staff members for all the latest gadgets
- Annual events including the Christmas Party
- Quarterly employee reward programme
- Length of service awards
- Employee of the year and Employee’s employee of the year
- Personal and professional development of staff members
- Enhanced Maternity pay (based on length of service)
- Pension scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Eye-care vouchers
The Finance Administrator will ensure timely payments to suppliers and accurate recording of those payments within the Company’s purchase ledger. The successful candidate will assist the ledger teams with the daily administration of receipts and payments.
This is an ideal position for someone looking to further their career within a vibrant office environment in the heart of the Solent Business Park and just moments’ walk from the new Whiteley shopping centre.
- Managing incoming daily post distribution
- Printing invoices and confirming e-mail addresses with customers
- Processing cheque receipts, preparing for banking and allocating against the correct customer accounts on the system
- Assisting the ledger team in allocating direct debit payments to corresponding invoices
- Assisting with monitoring and reducing the credit control queries by actioning requests for copy invoices/statements
- Attending weekly ledger meetings to discuss payment progress and resolve any issues
- Assisting with any ad hoc requests to support the Finance department
- Ensuring correct and accurate information on supplier accounts is maintained at all times.
The successful candidate
will possess the following key skills:
- Ability to plan & organise workload
- Excellent communication skills are essential (both written and verbal)
- Ability to work well within a team
- Problem-solving skills
- Ability to manage and prioritise tasks
- Adaptability and initiative
- Outstanding attention to detail and accuracy
- Excel skills and ability to work with multiple systems
- Understands how own role contributes to business objectives and internal/external customer satisfaction
- Puts in a sustained effort to get things right; stays focused on the end result
- Is patient, tactful, diplomatic and approachable
- Be comfortable with adaptation and embrace change in order to deal with frequent changes to process, roles and tasks
- Has strong self-awareness and a keen understanding of how to present them self and interact appropriately and professionally with other members of staff
- Ability to stay motivated using the individual’s set standards of job satisfaction
This role is office based, and located at our Head Office in Whiteley
Onecom is the UK's Largest Independent Business Telecommunications provider, offering Fixed-Line, Mobile, IT & Broadband solutions to over 300,000 connections.
It is one of the UK's fastest growing technology companies and has been awarded Vodafone Platinum Partner of 2011-2014 and the Total Communications Partner for 2015-2018.
Successful applicants should note that their employment will be subject to a basic disclosure check and satisfactory references.
Due to the high volume of applications, we are unable to notify unsuccessful applicants. If you have not been notified of the outcome of your application within four weeks of applying, please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
What’s on offer?
Learn more, earn more with a programme of training and development designed to help you progress.
Pay it back with chances to raise money for good causes, whilst having fun into the bargain.
Enjoy extra time off, discounted tech’, up to 60% of Samsung products and the biggest Christmas party in the world!