- £20,000 - £24,000 per annum (dependent on skills and experience)
- Whiteley, Hampshire
- Monday – Friday, 8:30am – 5:00pm
Are you looking for an exciting opportunity to work in a great environment with excellent training and development prospects? Why not join Onecom, the UK’s leading Telecommunications Company.
What’s on offer?
A competitive salary, as well as a generous benefits package, of which includes:
- 20 days holiday increasing to 25 days, plus bank holidays
- Day off for your birthday
- Up to 12 paid hours a year ‘My Time’
- Vodafone Employee Advantage discount
- Discount on Samsung products (up to 60%)
- Discounted gym membership
- Trade price stock for staff members for all the latest gadgets
- Annual events including the Christmas Party
- Quarterly employee reward programme
- Length of service awards
- Employee of the year and Employee’s employee of the year
- Personal and professional development of staff members
- Enhanced Maternity pay (based on length of service)
- Pension scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Childcare vouchers
- Eye-care vouchers
The Credit and Billings Controller is responsible for carrying out all Direct Debit system tasks. Ensuring all Direct Debit customers have their Direct Debit taken on the correct billed date and understanding any issues relating to the Direct Debit run. They are also responsible for ensuring timely payments from customers and recording accurate payments to the company.
This is an ideal position for someone looking to further their career within a vibrant office environment in the heart of the Solent Business Park and just moments’ walk from the new Whiteley shopping centre.
- Prepare and submit Direct Debit collection files via online portal in accordance with strict timetables and deadlines
- Collect BACS report via online portal to determine any failed Direct Debits and take action accordingly to update accounts
- Liaise with internal Billing and Telesales department to resolve queries
- Identify risk indicators of potential bad debts and arrange Suspension and Cease of Lines
- Undertake credit check process and open new customer accounts
- Ensure correct and accurate information on customer accounts is maintained at all times
- Produce collection/chase letters and monthly customer statements
- Prepare weekly credit reports for Financial Controller and Finance Director to review
- Administer copy invoice requests
- Take credit card payments
- Allocate monthly Direct Debit payments on sales ledger
- Take appropriate legal action as a final remedy
- Take ownership of customer payment queries/disputes by working with the relevant departments within the company to resolve and follow up on a regular basis
- Maximise cash flow for the Onecom Group
- Attend weekly credit control meetings to discuss ledger progress and resolve any collection issues
The successful candidate
The successful candidate will possess the following key skills:
- Previous experience in Credit Control
- Salesforce and Sage X3 experience beneficial
- Highly organised, with the ability to manage and prioritise tasks
- Excellent communication skills are essential (both written and verbal)
- Ability to work well within a team
- Adaptability and initiative
- High level of attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong IT skills, with ability to work on multiple systems
- Takes on and achieves targets and project deadlines, gets work done reliably
- Understands how own role contributes to business objectives and internal/external customer satisfaction
- Delivers against expectations on or ahead of time
- Tackles potential problems on own initiative
- Ability to engage and earn trust of various different teams within the business
- Be comfortable with adaptation and embrace change in order to deal with frequent changes to process, roles and tasks
- Has strong self-awareness and a keen understanding of how to present themselves and interact appropriately and professionally with other members of staff
This role is office based, and located at our Head Office in Whiteley
Onecom is the UK's Largest Independent Business Telecommunications provider, offering Fixed-Line, Mobile, IT & Broadband solutions to over 300,000 Businesses. Onecom operates 12 offices across the UK and employs over 400 staff.
It is one of the UK's fastest growing technology companies and has been awarded Vodafone Platinum Partner of 2011, 2012, 2013 & 2014 and the Total Communications Partner for 2015, 2016 & 2017 - the highest accolade from the network.
Due to the high volume of applications, we are unable to notify unsuccessful applicants. If you have not been notified of the outcome of your application within four weeks of applying, please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
What’s on offer?
Learn more, earn more with a programme of training and development designed to help you progress.
Pay it back with chances to raise money for good causes, whilst having fun into the bargain.
Enjoy extra time off, discounted tech’, up to 60% of Samsung products and the biggest Christmas party in the world!