Business Development ManagerAPPLY
- Negotiable (dependent on skills and experience)
- Cardiff, Wales & South West
- Monday - Friday, 8:30am - 5:30pm
Are you looking for an exciting opportunity to work in a great environment with excellent training and development prospects? Why not join Onecom, the UK’s leading Telecommunications Company.
What’s on offer?
A competitive salary, as well as a generous benefits package, of which includes:
- 20 days holiday increasing to 25 days, plus bank holidays
- Day off for your birthday
- Free fruit in the office
- Up to 12 paid hours a year ‘My Time’
- Performance related bonus paid monthly
- Vodafone Employee Advantage discount
- Subsidised Fitbit
- Discount on Samsung products (up to 60%)
- Discounted gym membership
- Trade price stock for staff members for all the latest gadgets
- Annual events including the Christmas Party
- Quarterly employee reward programme
- Length of service awards
- Employee of the year and Employee’s employee of the year
- Personal and professional development of staff members
- Enhanced Maternity pay (based on length of service)
- Pension scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Eye-care vouchers
The Business Development Manager is responsible for managing sales of PBX Systems, calls, lines and Data including MPLS/VPLS solutions primarily to new customers.
- Work with the Lead Generation team, engaging, qualifying and selling to prospects
- Generate own opportunities and where appropriate engage existing customers
- Audit and review prospects’ telecommunications solutions and work on a consultative basis on improving their systems, performance, whilst ensuring maximum efficiency
- Attend meetings with customers, write proposals, support bids and any other pre-sales work required to win business
- Be a pro-active, enthusiastic member of the Onecom sales team
- Prepare service agreements and fully utilise any internal systems to ensure that the Project Delivery team accept any order and progress with delivery
- Support sales in tender processes and complete tender documents as required
- Provide technical and bid support over the phone, email and face-to-face to any members of Onecom sales team
- Engage with engineers and potentially 3rd parties to deliver exceptional customer service and experience
- Accurately forecast on a monthly basis and provide weekly updates via the Solutions Field Sales team conference call
The successful candidate
will possess the following key skills:
- Experience selling Fixed Line Solutions with a proven recent track record of achieving targets
- DIA/Internet Connectivity sales experience preferable
- Good communication skills are essential (both written and verbal)
- Experience selling IT is desirable
- Strong IT Skills, including Excel, PowerPoint, and CRM systems are essential
- Creative thinking - ability to look outside the box and develop new strategies
- Decision making - can make decisions and take responsibility for them
- Excellent communication - can use language effectively to gather information and facilitate the exchange of ideas. Can also build trust and credibility, which will then lead to long lasting successful relationships
- Flexibility - ability to adapt to changes while keeping focus on goals and apply knowledge to new circumstances
- Results oriented - achieves goals in a timely manner while providing excellent client service
- Personable and confident, with strong networking abilities and rapport building
- Takes on and achieves targets and project deadlines, gets work done reliably
- Understands how own role contributes to business objectives and external customer satisfaction
- Puts in a sustained effort to get things right; stays focused on the end result
- Delivers against expectations on or ahead of time
- Tackles potential problems on own initiative
- Communicates in an open, candid, complete and consistent manner
- Enjoys working with people
- Is tenacious, tactful, and approachable
- Is able to remain calm in difficult situations
- Is confident gathering facts and statistics
- Motivated to work independently with minimal supervision
- Demonstrates integrity in challenging situations
Onecom is the UK's Largest Independent Business Telecommunications provider, offering Fixed-Line, Mobile, IT & Broadband solutions to over 300,000 connections.
It is one of the UK's fastest growing technology companies and has been awarded Vodafone Platinum Partner of 2011-2014 and the Total Communications Partner for 2015-2018.
Successful applicants should note that their employment will be subject to a basic disclosure check and satisfactory references.
Due to the high volume of applications, we are unable to notify unsuccessful applicants. If you have not been notified of the outcome of your application within four weeks of applying, please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
What’s on offer?
Learn more, earn more with a programme of training and development designed to help you progress.
Pay it back with chances to raise money for good causes, whilst having fun into the bargain.
Enjoy extra time off, discounted tech’, up to 60% of Samsung products and the biggest Christmas party in the world!