- £35,000 - £40,000
- Whiteley, Hampshire
- Monday - Friday, 8:30am - 5:30pm
Are you an experienced Business Analyst with a passion for technology? Why not join Onecom’s growing Business Change team; a great opportunity to work for an award-winning employer with excellent learning and development opportunities.
The Business Analyst works closely with the Business Change Team, Product Owners, Operations Department and our in-house Development Team to support the enhancement and implementation of new internal or customer software solutions.
The Business Analyst plays a key role in supporting the investigation and analysis of required business activities and processes and looking to make them intuitive, efficient and scalable. They will be responsible for providing a range of product implementations to the business, including documenting functional requirement specifications to define system functions and work flows.
- Work in conjunction with the Operations department and defined Business Users to analyse requirements; construct workflow charts and diagrams
- Create requirement specification documents - both functional and technical for the use of the Development and Testing teams
- Documenting solutions in the form of impact analysis, story cards and user cases/stories.
- Provide detailed work packages to the Development Team for completion and delivery
- Define project requirements by identifying project milestones, phases, elements and forming a project team
- Monitor project progress by tracking activity, resolving problems, publishing progress reports and provide recommending actions
- Support system protocols by writing and updating procedures, where required
- Provide references for users by writing and maintaining user documentation
- Support training and demonstrations to both staff and customers of systems implemented, where required
- Support with testing of releases, where required
- Work with the company’s Marketing team to construct the look and feel of defined requirements
- Act as a source of expertise to all stages of software development life-cycle
The successful candidate
The successful candidate will possess the following key skills:
- Previous experience as a Business Analyst working in an agile software development
- Experience with Salesforce (required)
- Strong systems skills (ability to use the Microsoft packages is a must and skills or knowledge in SQL and Visio would be beneficial)
- Ability to work effectively with Software Development team
- Experience of producing requirement documentation for the use of Development and testing environments
- Outstanding attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Excellent analytical skills and the ability to problem solve
- Ability to handle multiple assignments, tasks and responsibilities
- Adaptability and initiative
- Ability to work as part of a team and contribute to the overall success of both the Operations department and the organisation
- Logical thinker with an objective approach to work projects
- Project management experience is desirable, but not essential
- Experience with Team Foundation Server (TFS) is desirable, but not essential
What’s on offer?
A competitive salary, as well as a generous benefits package, of which includes:
- 20 days holiday increasing to 25 days, plus bank holidays + day off for birthday
- Up to 12 paid hours a year ‘My Time’
- Discount for all staff on tech and all the latest gadgets
- Discounted Gym membership and subsidised Fitbit
- Annual events including the Christmas Party
- Quarterly employee reward programme and employee of the year awards
- Enhanced Maternity pay (based on length of service)
- Cycle to work scheme & eye-care vouchers
Onecom is the UK's Leading and Largest Independent Business Telecoms provider, offering Fixed-Line, Mobile, IT & Broadband solutions to businesses nationwide. It is one of the UK's fastest growing technology companies and invests heavily in employee development.
What’s on offer?
Learn more, earn more with a programme of training and development designed to help you progress.
Pay it back with chances to raise money for good causes, whilst having fun into the bargain.
Enjoy extra time off, discounted tech’, up to 60% of Samsung products and the biggest Christmas party in the world!