Apprentice Purchasing AdministratorAPPLY
- £5 per hour / £200 per week
- Whiteley, Hampshire
- Hours: Mon – Thurs 8:30am – 5:30pm, Fri 8am – 5pm
Qualification gained: Diploma in Business Administration - Level 3
Are you looking for an exciting opportunity to work in a great environment with excellent training and development prospects? Why not join Onecom, the UK’s leading Telecommunications Company.
What’s on offer?
A competitive salary, as well as a generous benefits package, of which includes:
- 20 days holiday increasing to 25 days, plus bank holidays
- Day off for your birthday
- Free fruit in the office
- Up to 12 paid hours a year ‘My Time’
- Vodafone Employee Advantage discount
- Subsidised Fitbit
- Discount on Samsung products (up to 60%)
- Discounted gym membership
- Trade price stock for staff members for all the latest gadgets
- Annual events including the Christmas Party
- Quarterly employee reward programme
- Length of service awards
- Employee of the year and Employee’s employee of the year
- Personal and professional development of staff members
- Enhanced Maternity pay (based on length of service)
- Pension scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Eye-care vouchers
The Apprentice Purchasing Administrator plays a key support role in our centralised purchasing team who manage and control the sourcing and supply to our direct customer base for all product categories including Mobile, Telephony and IT.
The Apprentice Purchasing Administrator is responsible for ensuring stock is available and replenished from a range of suppliers to ensure the customers’ demands are met.
This is an ideal position for someone looking to start their procurement career within a vibrant office environment in the heart of the Solent Business Park and just moments’ walk from the new Whiteley shopping centre.
- Creating and maintaining inventory parts in the Company system
- Processing and managing supplier Purchase Orders (‘PO’) in line with company buying procedures
- Liaising with suppliers on placing PO’s and ensuring the products are delivered on time in full using the daily PO log
- Escalation of any supplier performance issues to the Buyer
- Maintenance of the Preferred Supplier List to ensure that all information is kept up to date
- Liaising with internal teams to ensure customer orders can be delivered in a timely fashion
- Assisting with sourcing of new suppliers, requests for information and inventory samples where required
- Administration support for the Purchasing team
The successful candidate
will possess the following key skills:
- Ability to work to strict deadlines and prioritise workload
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong organisational skills
- Strong IT skills and use of programs including Excel, Word and CRM systems
- Logical and structured approach to work
- A proven ability to work in a team environment and be able to build strong relationships at all levels
- Previous commercial administrative experience (desirable)
- Experience within a purchasing team (desirable)
- Experience within a telecommunications or IT environment (desirable)
- Experience with Sage (desirable)
- Excellent communication skills – both written and verbal
- Tackles potential problems on own initiative
Onecom is the UK's Largest Independent Business Telecommunications provider, offering Fixed-Line, Mobile, IT & Broadband solutions to over 300,000 connections.
It is one of the UK's fastest growing technology companies and has been awarded Vodafone Platinum Partner of 2011, 2012, 2013 & 2014 and the Total Communications Partner for 2015, 2016 & 2017.
Successful applicants should note that their employment will be subject to a basic disclosure check and satisfactory references.
Due to the high volume of applications, we are unable to notify unsuccessful applicants. If you have not been notified of the outcome of your application within four weeks of applying, please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
What’s on offer?
Learn more, earn more with a programme of training and development designed to help you progress.
Pay it back with chances to raise money for good causes, whilst having fun into the bargain.
Enjoy extra time off, discounted tech’, up to 60% of Samsung products and the biggest Christmas party in the world!